Fly Mango is one of the most popular (if not the most popular) low cost air carriers in South Africa. The airline has proven itself as a highly sustainable and cost effective airline under the leadership of Nico Bezuidenhout. The iconic orange planes has been roaming the South African sky since 2006 and has won multiple awards under the low cost carrier divisions and categories. Mango Airlines fly most domestic routes in South Africa, including Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Bloemfontein and Lanseria.
Using the Boeing 737-800 aircraft, Mango has an above average safety rating and has always been known to have friendly flight attendants and general staff.
Why Choose Fly Mango?
✈ You can easily stay connected via your mobile device by making use of G-Connect prepaid data. You will be able to make use of 3G, Wi-Fi, In-Flight Wi-Fi or ADSL with your G-Connect prepaid top up.
✈ Fly Mango was voted the top low-cost air carrier in Africa. Why not look at the statistics to pick your airline?
✈ Struggling to keep the kids busy while commuting? Fly Mango offers in-flight entertainment options.
Checking in on Fly Mango is extremely easy and convenient, they provide a number of methods for checking in on your Mango flight.
In order to check in, you will require the following:
- Proof of identification (valid passport, RSA ID or valid drivers license)
- The credit card you used to secure your Mango flight (if payment was made with cash, this is not required)
- Your E-Ticket (E-Ticket isn't always required, but rather be safe and bring it along)
- Children & infants have to fly with their birth certificates or South African ID
In Flight Entertainment
Fly Mango offers 3 major types of on board entertainment:
- Wi-Fi Access: Passengers are able to purchase data deals that can be used to surf the web while flying the skies!
- Mango T.V: Mango television offers a variety of locally produced programmes. Screens are situated throughout the plane for ease of viewing.
- Mango Juice Magazine: Each month a new issue of the Mango Juice Mag is released and freely available to read when on any Mango flight. The magazine offers a variety of stories, resources and latest news in South Africa.
Fly Mango Airlines baggage policy is fairly standard compared to other low-cost air carriers.
- Up to 20kg of baggage is allowed per adult passenger
- Up to 10kg of baggage is allowed per infant passenger
- 1 unit of hand baggage is allowed per passenger and may not be larger than 56 cm x 23 cm x 36 cm or weigh up to 7kg
Be sure to check in your baggage before the boarding gates open if you have checked in online.
Fly Mango is a low cost carrier and in order to keep this status, they can only offer Economy class to their passengers.
The Boeing 737-800 is generally quite comfortable for an economy class plane. If you're comfortable with sitting next to the emergency exit door, ask to be seated in this isle as you'll have a lot more leg space.
|IATA Code:||Loyalty Program:||Alliance:||Rated:||Logo:|
5 out of
~ 49 votes